CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Flower Child


Fashion in the sixties, this dress is a one and only "Scarlett O' Hara Mini" (designed by my mother). I'm guessing I was about 10 years old in this picture. I only wished I had kept the dress and my cat eye spectacles so my children could enjoy wearing them also. My sisters wore the floor length versions to prom with a hoop skirt underneath. They were the Bell of the Ball in those days!
Soon after, however, I rebelled and started to wear bell bottom pants, mini skirts, Levis in public, platform shoes, white lipstick, tunic tops, moccasins, and jewelry symbolic of Peace. My hair was long, straight, and often braided with Indian beads. It was the Hippie Era you know!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

That dress is a classic. I am so glad that I did not grow up in that era.