CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Wicked by Gregory Maguire



Book review: I give this book a 3 star rating. I decided to read it because I was such a fan of the Wizard of Oz when I was a child. This book however is not for young readers because of the sexual content (R-Rated). Overall, I liked the way he took characters from an existing fantasy and created a world full of opposition and choices not so different from the ones we face in the world today.

The Wizard has a huge part, but you read little about him until the end of the book. He is the puppet master with the strings, so to speak. Living in OZ for forty years the Wizard wants to go home as much as Dorthy. Why is he the mighty OZ, living in Emerald City? Lots of twists and turns. Surprise Ending.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

After that review I think I'll skip that one. I think the musical must be alot better than the book. Start reading City of Bones. I want to hear how that one is. Since I am in a book club now I need to start coming up with good books especially since there is only four of us right now. Looks like you are really starting to get the hang of this.