CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Grandkids our best gift!



I haven't posted a blog since September and now I'm anxious to blog about the months I've missed.

October
After our trip to Florida, things slowed down for a few weeks. In mid October I decided to plan a family Halloween party. Ryan says I remind him Clark Griswald (aka Sparky) on Christmas Vacation. I do tend go overboard just a little, but after all it's my grandkids and I'm only trying to create memories. I totally haunted our house with ghouls, pirates, bats, etc., and everyone dressed up, even Ryan who came as Dracula. The kids had a great time and Jada went so far as to say it was the best Halloween Party she's ever been to. That's why I do it, Ryan!



The week before Halloween I also started a Christmas project. A good friend of mine (Betty VanOrden) who has published a book called the "Twelve Days of Christmas" inspired me to try this on my family and I have had so much fun but it has also kept me extremely busy.

November:
We had our Thanksgiving dinner at Nicole's house on the Sunday before Thansgiving so Ryan and I had a very relaxing Thanksgiving Day. We started out with a brunch and then we went to see the movie Australia. I loved this movie, but I should have brought a tissue. I chewed on my straw so I wouldn't start sobbing. The next day us girls took the guys to see twilight. The girls had already seen it on opening night. Ryan liked the movie but he was the only guy that had read the book. The other guys weren't so impressed. I think they are jealous of Edward.



December,
On Friday December 12th I had my 12 Days of Christmas Dinner for all of the adults. I sent everyone home with a tote full of packages and a book full of poems, personal thoughts, and stories that went with each day. I'm hoping it will create a more memoralbe Christmas for them. It was such a relief to finally be finished with the project even though I enjoyed it. Ryan was especially happy to get all the stuff out of our bedroom.


2008 Update:
Since the year is almost over I will report the current status of the Woolf Gang. Ryan and I are currently have six beautiful grandchildren with one on the way. Brandon and Wendy have 3 darling girls (Makayla 13, Jada 8, and Kinsley 9 months). Ben and Nicole are expecting another baby in April and Nicole is still patiently keeping up with ( Kennedy 5, Tate and Tia 3). Scott is still working on his micro-biology degree at Weber State and is actually very excited about school and his field of study. His wife Sydney is very supportive of him and she is working in the ER at MacKay Dee Hospital. They are the typical newly-weds that work so hard that they rarely see each other. As a family we truly have so much to be thankful for expecially at a time when the economy is so weak. We are blessed with all the basics, good health, and more. We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that all will be well with you in the coming year.

0 comments: